Monday 6 September 2010

The rest of the alphabet



Yesterday I designed the last five calligrams for my Calligrammar Collection on Spoonflower.
You may remember that my aim is to make an Alphabet Calligram Quilt for Robbie (it won't be for his 4th birthday though - that is 9 days from today...).



The missing letter were, predictably, Q, U, V, X and Y. I tried a Xylophone Calligram but it didn't work so just made an X-shape using words that have an x in them.
The quilt calligram looks very good in repeat!
I ordered samples of all my new designs - they will be available for sale on the Spoonflower site soon. Apart from the calligrams I also made a Spider Web design and an Alphabet design:



My calligram fabrics turn out to be quite popular - people who bought some have told me they will use them for cushions and quilts, to applique on t-shirts and to make framed art pieces for a nursery. Isn't that lovely!

Remember, if you would like one of my calligram fabrics in a different colour or would like me to design a calligram of another animal or object, just send me a message and I'd be more than happy to help!

3 comments:

SewDownunder said...

Hi Linda. wow you are doing such interesting things! Really fun to follow!

Jantine said...

O wat leuk dat mensen ook belangstelling hebben voor je calligrams! Ik vind ze prachtig!

Jackie said...

Love it!
going to check out spoonflower now!

We follow many of the same blogs, am going to also check out some of the ones I don't follow.