Monday 14 June 2010

Back from the retreat



I had a wonderful weekend away - no cooking, no cleaning, no kids - and managed to start and finish the quilt for our new niece. (I didn't do anything else though!) Here is a sneak peek - I will show the whole quilt when it has arrived at its destination.

Today we saw the Ron Mueck exhibition at the Gallery of Modern Art (there's a pic on my photoblog). I thought it was awesome, but Hugo and Ernst found the big sculptures quite scary.



Afterwards we had lunch in the City and discovered lots of woolly creations there! They're all part of the I Knit Brisbane project. Cool! (or should that be Warm?!)

1 comment:

Lynn Cohen said...

Niece's quilt very pretty. Love the daisies and how the yellow centers match the other fabric.

Stop scaring little children!
LOL Glad you had fun. Love the big balls of yarn.