Sunday 20 April 2008

Bookcover

Ta-da!

Photobucket

It's finished and I'm really happy with it.
I used a thin cotton batting and a beautiful batik for the backing. I thought of meandering, but finally decided to quilt it with a variegated thread just following the grid of the weaving. And I finished the edges simply with a satin stitch, the same way I do the edges of the ATCs. I think it looks very good.

PhotobucketPhotobucket

With the leftover bit I made a simple pencil case:

Photobucket

And now to fill my artist's sketchbook with useful drawings... ;-)

I decided not to make a bookcover from the other one, as I used a bit of leftover batting that was rather thick. I will instead make a bag out of it! I am now cutting the namepieces out of the FQs in my stash, to make the backside ;-).

Photobucket

And I finished the 2 postcards:

PhotobucketPhotobucket

They are ready to be traded, and I have lots of ideas for some more postcards - just waiting for people to trade them with!

No comments: